Converge Placement Network
We believe that finding a Lead Pastor for your church is one of the most important decisions you will ever make as a body. The Converge Placement Network exists to help you make that decision with wisdom, knowledge and Spirit-led confidence. In partnership with the Ministry Placement Network of the Center for Church Effectiveness, we have developed what we believe to be the most thorough process you could use to find your next pastor. We guide your search team and leadership board through a six-step process that will help you understand who you are as a congregation and what type of pastor will best serve you in your next season of ministry.
Interim Pastors & Placement
One of the most important ways Converge Rocky Mountain assists local congregations is through the search for and placement of a new pastor. Along with guiding the search team, Converge Rocky Mountain also provides assistance in locating interim pastors and special speakers.
Church Conflict Resolution
Converge Rocky Mountain provides trained reconciliation leaders to help resolve church disputes in a God-honoring way. The Bible is clear that our witness to the world will be most powerful when we live in unity with each other.
Converge Benevolent Fund
The Converge Benevolent Fund was created to demonstrate compassionate love by providing financial assistance for our pastors, missionaries, chaplains, retirees and their families in times of crisis.
In the past, benevolent funds have been used to:
- Provide additional counseling for pastoral couples and families
- Assist pastoral couples with overdue medical bills beyond their ability to pay
- Help extend visas for one of our cultural pastors
- Bring relief for several churches experiencing financial difficulties and unable to pay salaries for a time
- Provide monthly stipends for low-income widows or widowers
- Supplement quarterly retirement plan payments for cultural church pastors with incomes below $25,000
Pastoral Retreat Resource
Retreat locations are available to CRM Pastors.
4 Eagle Ranch
4 Eagle Ranch is only 24 miles from Vail Village and 15 miles from Beaver Creek. Our easily accessible location, combined with excellent facilities, great food and service have given countless groups and individuals an unforgettable experience rich in history and tradition. Transformed in 1991 as an entertainment venue for private group functions, 4 Eagle specializes in corporate parties, weddings, receptions, rehearsal dinners, family reunions and other gatherings.
SonScape Retreats serves Christ by providing spiritual retreat, counsel, and community for pastors, missionaries, and other vocational Christian leaders and their spouses to extend God’s kingdom in the world. They offer 7-day retreats led by experienced ministry leaders who have been where you are. Their retreats offer you a welcoming atmosphere, engaging program, and relaxing schedule. Their Colorado location is nestled in the pine trees high up in the Rocky Mountains. Just a 45-minute drive from the Colorado Springs airport or two hours from the Denver airport.
(888) 766-7227 | firstname.lastname@example.org | sonscaperetreats.org/colorado
The QuietWaters Retreat Home is a welcoming, spacious home situated on three acres near Parker, Colorado just southeast of Denver. The panoramic views of the Rocky Mountains is a constant reminder that you are truly in Colorful Colorado. Since 2001, QuietWaters Ministries has successfully helped hundreds of Christian leaders with personal and professional crises. Through their one-on-one Intensive Programs, you get back in touch with God, renew your sense of calling, restore your professional vision and priorities, and strengthen your personal relationships.
Marble Retreat Center
Since 1974, Marble Retreat has provided a safe place for transformation and life giving hope to nearly 4,000 participants from around the world. Marble Retreat’s 8-day program schedule consists of an effective combination of individual and group counseling led by professional counselors in a confidential setting of recreation and rest. As an interdenominational Christian counseling center, Marble Retreat provides a doorway to healing for those who are tired and hurting. It is located 8000 feet above sea level, this peaceful refuge nestled in the picturesque Crystal River Valley of the Colorado Rockies has been set aside for rest, healing, and life transformation. Guests will feel the comfort of home with homemade meals, a cozy fireplace, and welcoming retreat staff.
(970) 963-2499 | email@example.com | marbleretreat.org
Shekinah Ranch owns 35 acres and the McDavids own adjacent 70 acres at 8,600 feet, in the Colorado Rockies, about 60 miles northwest of Denver. Seventy percent of the land is forest, and the rest beautiful alpine meadows. Their desire is to share the beauty and blessing with those who have grown weary on the battlefield. As much as possible, each cabin will be built out of sight of other cabins. They envision no programs but want Shekinah Ranch to be a place of rest, renewal, restoration and vision; a place where those in the fires of the front lines can withdraw from the battle to be in the presence of God.
(970) 726-4494 | firstname.lastname@example.org | shekinahranch.org
Praise Mountain, A Bible Based Prayer and Fasting Ministry
Praise Mountain offers God's people a year-round prayer and fasting retreat with privacy and comfort. They are located 40 miles west of Colorado Springs, off Highway 24, in the mountains. There are 110 acres of forest and meadow, bordered on 3 sides by National Forest. They have four ministry cabins: 2 one-bedroom cabins, one with a queen bed and one with a bunk bed; as well as a five-bedroom house that sleeps 10-12; and a three-bedroom house that sleeps 8.Also, there are three prayer "caves" - small structures built around rock formations, for total seclusion. If you are looking for a place to get alone with God to fast and pray, Praise Mountain is there for you.
Easy Yoke Retreat House
Easy Yoke Retreat House is a Christian retreat center in the mountains of Southern Colorado. We are dedicated to providing a place of quiet and solace to both individuals and groups. The eight-bedroom, sixteen-bed facility is very well suited for an individual wanting to meet with God, a pastor wanting to study, or a group looking to plan or grow together. Bring your family for a getaway, or plan your next family reunion here. Easy Yoke works great for creative groups like scrapbookers. We are situated in a lower elevation of the mountains, so access is easy in all seasons. We are conveniently located only 80 minutes from Colorado Springs, and 30 minutes from Pueblo, tucked away a few miles up from the little town of Beulah, bordered on two sides by National Forest.
Steps to Ordination
From the Perspective of the Candidate and Church
- The candidate's church leadership informs the CRM Executive Minister of its desire to ordain a candidate.
- The Converge regional staff sends the handbook on ordination to the candidate and the ordaining church.
- The Candidate completes a 12-15 page paper outlining their call to ministry, philosophy of ministry and statement of beliefs and sends a copy to the CRM office.
- A pre-ordination team is selected to review the candidate's paper with them.
- After corrections and clarifications are made, an ordination council date is set by the host church. The church also distributes the candidate's paper to all CRM partner congregations.
- The Council meets and recommends that the church proceed or not proceed with ordination.
From the Perspective Converge Rocky Mountain
- A church requests help with ordination.
- The Converge region leadership responds with the attached handbook.
- The candidate reserves an interview time with pre-ordination team.
- The candidate prepares and sends doctrinal statement.
- The candidate meets with the pre-ordination team.
- Clarifications and corrections are made and redistributed to pre-ordination team.
- Ordination council date is set.
- Converge Rocky Mountain assists the church in distributing candidate's document to all partner churches.
- The Ordination Council is held and a recommendation made to the church's leadership board.
- The church acts to ordain proposed candidate.
For more information on ordination, please refer to the CRM Ordination Handbook.
Converge Rocky Mountain values cultural diversity. The tapestry of our partner churches include congregations ministering to Latinos, Vietnamese, Arabic and Fil-Am congregations. Often these congregations are led by pastors who have relocated from a foreign land. Moving to the United States can be filled with challenges for a pastor and his family. Learning a new language, new cultural norms, and new driving laws are just some of the hurdles a cultural pastor must navigate.
The most sizable hurdle, however, is working with Homeland Security and Immigration and Naturalization services. It takes time, expertise and thousands of dollars to obtain the proper documentation for visas and eventually United States citizenship. Converge Rocky Mountain provides funding and expert attorneys to guide cultural pastors through the process.