Steps to Ordination
From the Perspective of the Candidate and Church:
- The candidate's church leadership informs the CRM Executive Minister of its desire to ordain a candidate.
- The Converge regional staff sends the handbook on ordination to the candidate and the ordaining church.
- The Candidate completes a 12-15 page paper outlining their call to ministry, philosophy of ministry and statement of beliefs and sends a copy to the CRM office.
- A pre-ordination team is selected to review the candidate's paper with them.
- After corrections and clarifications are made, an ordination council date is set by the host church. The church also distributes the candidate's paper to all CRM partner congregations.
- The Council meets and recommends that the church proceed or not proceed with ordination.
From the Perspective Converge Rocky Mountain:
- A church requests help with ordination.
- The Converge region leadership responds with the attached handbook.
- The candidate reserves an interview time with pre-ordination team.
- The candidate prepares and sends doctrinal statement.
- The candidate meets with the pre-ordination team.
- Clarifications and corrections are made and redistributed to pre-ordination team.
- Ordination council date is set.
- Converge Rocky Mountain assists the church in distributing candidate's document to all partner churches.
- The Ordination Council is held and a recommendation made to the church's leadership board.
- The church acts to ordain proposed candidate.
For more information on ordination, please contact the Converge Rocky Mountain Office.